How To Protect Your Eyes From Premature Aging. Our eyes are sensitive and require special care. With age, plus other stimulating factors, eyes become tired and easily deteriorate. Proper eye care will help keep your eyes healthy and bright for a long time with these simple tips.
Eating food full of nutrients
Good eye health starts with the food we eat. Choosing nutritious foods from the 5 food groups, especially foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin E, may help slow or reduce the incidence of eye diseases such as macular degeneration and disease, cataracts .
Good source of nutrients for eye health such as
- Spinach or other dark green leafy vegetables
- Salmon, tuna, or fish that are high in essential fatty acids
- Eggs, beans, non-meat proteins
- Oranges, fruit or citrus juices
- Oysters, pork, poultry
- Fruits and vegetables that are yellow or orange which contains beta-carotene, such as carrots